Helping You Rise From The Wreckage
Auto accidents can be devastating. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car or truck accident, or as a pedestrian, let us help you put your life back together. We understand what you are going through, and we can help.
At the Law Office of Perry Dean Ellis, P.C., we are in our third decade of practicing injury law. We have the knowledge, skills and resources to help maximize your compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other costs resulting from the crash. We know that every accident case is different, so let us develop a customized strategy for achieving the best result possible.
We Handle All Types Of Auto Accidents
If you need a lawyer with the knowledge, skill and integrity needed to maximize your compensation, the Law Office of Perry Dean Ellis, P.C., is the law firm to choose. We have extensive experience in all types of personal injury and auto accident claims, including:
- Claims involving uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical transport accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Work-related vehicle accidents
If you have questions about insurance coverage, getting medical treatment or any other issues related to your car crash, please see our Car Accident FAQ.
Adequate Medical Treatment Matters
After a car accident, you may be unsure of how to get and pay for medical treatment. And the truth is that many people might get medical treatment, but it isn’t the best treatment for that specific injury.
Our lawyers can help you obtain the “right” medical treatment for your specific injury. This is important not only for your health — but also for getting you the maximum compensation for your injury case.
Do not hesitate to seek medical attention if you are injured. If you do wait an extended period of time, the insurance company will use that against you by claiming that your injury isn’t as bad as it really is, and that will very likely affect the amount of compensation you will receive on your injury case. Again, get medical treatment immediately if you have suffered an injury. Gaps in medical treatment are very bad for your injury claim.
Your Rights And Responsibilities After An Accident
Even if you were not at fault in the accident, it is still your responsibility to work as quickly as possible to get the repairs done to your vehicle. Do not worry about using your own automobile insurance for the repairs — your insurance company will be reimbursed by the at-fault driver’s insurance company for the cost of repairs.
Also, it is important that you keep good records throughout your case. Please keep a list of all the doctors, hospitals and other medical providers you have seen for injuries related to the accident, including the name, address and phone number for each provider.
Other important points:
- Please notify us if your phone number or address changes. It is very important that we are able to contact you concerning your case.
- Our office will be in contact with you throughout the course of your medical treatment, but please contact us if any new developments occur.
- Please mail us all medical bills that you have received for treatment. Why? After your treatment, requesting and receiving medical records can take one to three months, and we can speed up the process if you provide us with some of those documents.
- Once we receive all medical records and bills, we will submit a settlement demand package to the insurance company. Considering time for mailing and reviewing, it usually takes three to four weeks to hear back from the insurance company with a response to our demand.
- When we begin the negotiation process to settle your case, the attorney handling your case will contact you to discuss any and all settlement offers.
- Personal injury settlements generally occur after medical treatment is finished, but there can be exceptions, primarily when there is a limited amount of insurance money to collect from.
Once a settlement has been reached and we receive the settlement check in our office, we will contact you immediately so that you can make arrangements to come to our office to sign the final documents and receive your money.
We understand that you are going through a difficult time, and we are committed to helping you and being responsive to your needs. Personal service is the hallmark of our legal practice.
Arrange A Free Consultation | Contact Us Today
Our skilled, dedicated attorneys and courteous, responsive staff are ready to help you. For a free consultation, please call 404-692-7474 or send us an email. We advise and represent clients in Atlanta and throughout the State of Georgia.
Se habla español